Welcome to One Small Step for Parents! Our goal is to help you find the right resources, support and information that is needed to make informed choices. Without the proper tools we, as parents and adults, don't know what will help our situation or what works and doesn't work. Here at One Small Step, we have done our best to take the guesswork and confusion out of the equation by supplying tools, resources and online support.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dr. Mel Levine

Today I discovered something that could be viewed as a set back for children with disabilities. I recently joined Twitter, and was browsing through tweets and related articles, when I came across a headline stating: Pediatrician in Abuse Case Killed Himself.

Being curious, I clicked on the link and was surprised to discover that the pediatrician was none other than Dr. Melvin Levine, the same Dr. Levine who with Charles Schwab,  founded a nonprofit group, All Kinds of Minds, that has trained thousands of teachers, a link to which I have listed on my Resources page.

This news now begs the question, do I remove my link to All Kinds of Minds from my site, or do I keep it?  In no way do I condone any type of abuse - be it animal, children, elderly, spousal or any other, and there is a lot of good quality, relevant information on All Kinds of Minds, that I am loathe to ignore or remove simply because of bad press.

For now, the link will stay, simply because we need as much good resource material as we can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment